Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ethnography Results - Week 7

An interesting thing is happening to me.  I've spent much of my time on reddit browsing /r/politics over the past several weeks, but as more time passes I feel less and less inclined to visit the subreddit.  I assume it is a result of my personal political views being very different than the majority of redditors, and so I feel like I'll just have to wade through story after story that I fin inaccurate.  I decided to take some time to check out the recent postings of a redditor I mentioned back at the beginning of this ethnography.  At the time, most of his postings were in /r/politics and his opinions were similar to my own.  What I saw in his recent posting trends was that his /r/politics postings began to drop off about three weeks ago, and two weeks ago they became infrequent.  It now seems that he spends most of his time in other subreddits.  I don't know exactly what triggered this shift, but I'm going to guess that his reasons for less frequent visits are similar to my own (especially since one of his postings in the weeks leading up to the switch mentioned how he felt like giving up on /r/politics).

No comments:

Post a Comment